The Girl Scout of the Philippines Program
Capture the Girl Scout Spirit
History of Girl Scouting in the Philippines
Thus, far, the Movement has spread to 136 countries around the world, one of which is the Philippines. To promote unity and safeguard their principles, the member countries are organized into the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS). To date WAGGGS has a membership of 8.5 million all over the world.
In our country, the organization is called Girl Scouts of the Philippines with some 2 million members in 92 provincial/city Councils. For Administrative purposes, the Councils are grouped under 6 Girl Scout regional offices - Northern Luzon, Central Luzon, Southern Luzon, Visayas, Eastern Mindanao and Western Mindanao. The National office is located at Padre Faura in Manila.
Each council is run by a council board with various units such as district committees and barangay committees under it. Members are found in units called troops of 6 to 40 girls and two (2) adult leaders. A troop is composed of one or more patrols. Six (6) to eight (8) girls form a patrol.
- The funds of the Organization are derived from:
- * fund campaign authorized by special Presidential Proclamation
* donations, bequests and gifts
* membership fees.
In accordance with financial policies, funds are used solely to attain the aims of the organization. Auditing procedures are strictly followed from the smallest to the biggest organizational unit.
- The Organization offers the following membership privileges:
- * year-round accident insurance coverage effective upon registration at the Council
* participation in Girl Scout events
* use of the GS uniform
* links of friendship with other Girl Scouts and Girl Guides here and abroad
* stay in national and world centers
* availment of official supplies from National Equipment Service
Chief Girl Scout Meda Scheme | Bravo! Bravissimo | Scout Entreprenuerial Endeavors for Development
GSP Saver | Project Cherish | Tulong-Bata