The Girl Scout of the Philippines Program
General Characteristics of the Girl Scouting Program
The Girl Scouting Program
- is the Girl Scout Promise translated into action.
- makes faith in a Supreme being flow into cordial coexistence with one's fellowmen.
- is learning by doing.
- is structured but flexible to suit the girls' needs, interests, capabilities and circumstances.
- provides for working together in small groups (patrol, troop, teams and committees) that meet frequently and regularly and where girls learn to contribute and get along with others.
- consists of girls' choice activities with the guidance and encouragement of adult leaders.
- is individualized for every girl according to her needs, interests, capabilities and circumstances.
- has elements of fun, adventure and challenges.
- includes progressive badge schemes where each girl learns decision making, resourcefulness, creativity, skills, responsibility and commitment to SERVICE.
- has symbolism and traditions that make one belong to a worldwide sisterhood of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts.
- develops the Girl Scouting/ Girl Guiding spirit of unity, friendship, loyalty and teamwork.
- starts the Girl with developing her responsibilities at home nurturing family values and relationships.
- brings the Girl Scout into a wider world: outdoors with nature, in new and strange places, in her country or overseas.
- directs the girl towards world citizenship in a world of understanding, peace and progress.
- teaches girls to recognize and respect diverse values and cultures to effectively work collaboratively and cooperatively in non-competitive settings.
Chief Girl Scout Meda Scheme | Bravo! Bravissimo | Scout Entreprenuerial Endeavors for Development
GSP Saver | Project Cherish | Tulong-Bata