<<   |   Home   |   Activities   |   Club Organizations   |   Faculty and Personnels   |   Administration   |   DCSS   |   Admissions   |   The School   |   History   |   Vicinity Map   
  Welcome to the official website of Liceo de San Pablo.    For your comments and suggestions, please e-mail us at: inquiries@ldsp.edu.ph. 
|
Bulletin Board
Latest News

Scholastic Bookfair
Scholastic visits LDSP for the 2nd time to uplift the importance of reading.

Fire Drill in Action
LDSP initiates Fire Drill for the relative safety of its students.

Dates of Activities
Nov. 23, 2008 - Celebration of Christ The King
Nov. 28, 2008 - Second Counting of CPD
December 6, 2008 - Family Day
Dec. 10, 2008 - Last Counting of CPD
Dec. 15-17 - Third Quarterly Examination
Dec. 19, 2008 - Christmas Party

 

In 1912, the Seminario Menor de San Francisco de Sales, consisting of a two-storey building was constructed adjacent to the Cathedral. After some years, however, it was closed and transferred to Lipa. Before the outbreak of the Second World War, the Seminary building and its premises were donated to the Society of Jesus (the Jesuits) for conversion into a tertiary educational institution. This was during the term of Bishop Afredo Versoza of the Diocese of Lipa, which included the province of Laguna, and the city of San Pablo. In 1947, the Jesuit Fathers converted the former Seminary, which was partially damaged by the Japanese forces, into a secondary school. It was named ATENEO DE SAN PABLO. Later on, however,the Jesuits unilaterally decided to close the school. Negotiations for the turnover were carried out between the Jesuits and the newly created Diocese of San Pablo under its first bishop, Monsignor Pedro Natividad Bantigue, D.D. And in the year 1978, the Supreme Ecclesiastical Tribunal in the Vatican City (Rome) finally decided the fate of the school in favor of the Diocese of San Pablo. The former Ateneo de San Pablo is now the LICEO DE SAN PABLO.

The Liceo de San Pablo began its operation during the school year 1978-1979. From then on, it maintained its identity as exclusive catholic learning institution fo young boys. Under its present bishop, Monsignor Francisco Capiral San Diego, D.D., the school has undergone significant changes: administrative, faculty-composition, curricula and physical/facilities expansion.

In response to the call and challenges of the time, construction and renovation started in school year 1996-1997. The first phase of renovation gave emphasis to the ceiling, electrical wiring and paintings. The second phase of renovation focused on the re-construction of the offices of the principal, cashier, academic affairs, guidance and the DCSS Auditor. The faculty room and the drainage systems were repaired, too. The Grade School building was also constructed behind the school's gymnasium, which marked the seperation of the High School and Grade School buildings.

Starting school year 1998-1999, after celebrating its 20th foundation anniversary, the school welcomed into its fold 132 female students (100 in first year and 32 in second year). In this significant step, the school fulfilled its major task of sharing equal academic and religious oppurtunities and advancement to the youth regardless of gender. The Liceo de San Pablo is now a school for boys and girls in the grade school and high school departments.

 
 
Copyright © 2008 | Liceo de San Pablo | http://www.ldsp.edu.ph | M. Paulino st., San Pablo City, Laguna 4000 | Tel. Nos. (049) 562 - 3808