SAN PABLO CENTRAL SCHOOL
San Pablo Central School is one of the sixty-four (64) public elementary schools in San Pablo City under Lakeside District.
Originally Escuela Pia
The first formal school was established during the Spanish period. San Pablo Central School was originally named as “Escuela Pia”. It was built through forced labor during the administration of Capitan Damaso Alcantara. Escuela Pia was destroyed by a strong earthquake in 1880. Fray Ramon Caviedos had it reconstructed in 1895. Only the Illustrados (rich people) were enrolled in the school which was located on the spot where the present Puericulture Center is built. The school was under the supervision of Batangas from 1880 to 1885. However, due to difficulty in communication, it was transferred under the jurisdiction of Laguna.